Battery Care Tips for Longevity
Li-ion Battery: Cellphones, Laptops, Smartwatches
- Keep battery charged between 3.9V to 4.0V (70-80%).
- Topping up with low current charge every now and then as much as possible (max 80%).
- Avoid allowing the battery fall below 20% as much as possible.
- Avoid charging above 80% as much as possible.
- Keep battery cool (<35°C) when using device or charging.
Ni-MH: Rechargeable AA / AAA Battery, Toys
- Charge the battery only when you need to use it - Ni-MH battery have high self-discharge.
- Discharge the battery fully before recharging it to full (0-100%).
Lead Acid Battery: Car Battery
- Charge the battery as soon as possible (keep at 100%).
- Do not overcharge the battery (usually achieved with OEM auto cut off charger).